After my old machine died, I upgraded to the latest version of Windows 7. While it’s really slick looking, it’s absolutely annoying. Here are some things that I hate about Windows 7:
- I can’t name a file starting with a dot, such as .htaccess
- Editing the host file has no effect.
- The constant “Will you give windows permission?” alerts that popup behind other windows.
- That hitting control-alt-delete forces me onto a new screen to launch the process manager.
- That some secret key combinatin keeps switching keyboard languages on me (Not that it’s useful, Windows’ way of typing accent is about the stupidest thing in the world)
- That some magical key combination turns on the magnifyer
Working in Windows 7 is an absolutely frustrating experience, and I’ve been working on it for about 6 months now.
If you know workarounds to any of these issues, please let me know.